Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Photo Album Gift: From Average to Awesome



I wanted to give my friend a photo album for her birthday.  I couldn’t find one I liked at a price I liked.  Then I had an idea…

Time for a photo album makeover!

Start with these items:



Note: my album came from Jo Ann's but maybe you could find one cheaper at the dollar store???
       
Not pictured: Fabri-Tac Glue, which I fell in love with in THIS tutorial. Or hot glue, or whatever glue you prefer.

Step 1:
Use the fabric to cover the album the same way you used to cover textbooks with brown paper bags.
I glued the fabric to the spine and the inside of the front and back cover.

Step 2:
Cut the paper to fit the inside cover of your album, and glue in place to cover the fabric seams.



Step 3:
Glue on your embellishment.

My album came in a clear cover, so I slipped the cover back on.




Slip a gushy note in one of the front photo slots, and BAM, cute personalized album that went from average to awesome!

Thanks for checking out the "Average to Awesome" photo album makeover!

Today I linked up to Be Colorful, Between Naps on the Porch, and Its so Very Cheri.

I'm also partying at...





2 comments:

  1. Much better than the plain white :) I started blogging in March - stop by if you get a chance!

    Jen
    www.dishesandsocks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lucky person who is getting that one of a kind personalized photo album. Great work. Thanks for sharing it at Motivated Monday at BeColorful.
    I hope you will visit again.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete